Cook a healthy dinner for the family to enjoy and cook extra for your meal prep! I know its hard to come up with meal prep ideas but you don't have to make it hard. As a busy mom of four, wife, business owner, and physically working my shops 40 hours a week while staying healthy you just have to be smart with your choices and time! Over cook at dinner and you will be able to feed the family while preparing 3-4 meals extra for the next couple days. Use this recipe and double it depending on size of family and meal prep needs.
Oven Crispy Fish Tacos
Recipes under 300 Calories
Feed the family and overcook for your meal prep lunches :)
5 (1-1 1/2 lb fish fillets) Cut
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
2 egg whites
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup wheat bread crumbs
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tbsp taco seasoning
8- 6 inch corn tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup salsa (no sugar)
1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil spray
3. Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal and taco seasoning
4. In separate bowl, whisk egg whites and lime juicy until frothy
5. Place flour in shallow bowl or plate
6. Dip the fish strips gently into flour for light coat then dip into the egg white mix allowing excess to drip off then firmly dip in cornmeal mix.
7. Place the breaded fish strips in over for 10-12 minutes until browning until fish is opaque and flakes with fork.
8. Warm tortillas in skillet about 1 minute each side.
9. Serve dinner! Place about 2 strip per tortilla topping with lettuce, salsa (or tomato) and top with yogurt (instead of sour cream)
Add a bit of cilantro or fresh chopped onion if you like! Alternate can be used in the recipe but be mindful on changing the macros and calories.
Macros base on 1 taco serving size.
Share this post
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh