Heart disease is the leading cause of death in adult men and women. This includes hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart attack, along with others. About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year, and one American dies every 37 seconds due to some form of cardiovascular disease. The financial burden associated with these costs is approximately $131 billion nationwide. Nicknamed the “silent killer”, the symptoms of elevated blood pressure typically are not noticeable, making it an even bigger threat. High blood pressure is the major risk factor for developing stroke, coronary heart disease, and heart failure.
Cardio Rx was formulated to maximize the heart’s function and protect it via numerous pathways. This supplement will assist in promoting healthy blood pressure with the help of CoQ10 and grape seed extract. Arjuna’s role is to promote oxygen-rich blood flow to the heart, while nattokinase acts to regulate blood coagulation, and dandelion root extract acts as a natural diuretic.
Coenzyme Q10 (also known as CoQ10) is a common ingredient in heart supplements. CoQ10 is well studied and has an abundance of benefits. This molecule is found naturally in cell membranes and mitochondria as well as essential organs, such as the heart, kidneys, and liver. Unfortunately, aging, medications (such as statins), and genetics all play a role in decreasing our bodies natural CoQ10 levels over time. One of this antioxidant’s most known benefits is the production of ATP, the body’s primary source of energy.
- CoQ10 has shown to increase all of the following in heart failure patients: Quality of Life (QoL), Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction (LVEF), Cardiac Output (CO), and improved NYHA class. CoQ10 has also shown to decrease total mortality and length of hospital stays for these patients.
- In hypertension patients, CoQ10 was shown to increase nitric oxide bioavailability, induce vasodilation, and reduce levels of Aldosterone, which ultimately leads to a decrease in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- A reduction in the risk of developing ventricular arrhythmias and a decrease in the requirement of inotropic drugs post-surgery was observed in AFib patients treated with CoQ10.
Arjuna is an Indian herb that has been used by the natives for thousands of years for its helpful benefits in hypertension, congestive heart failure, dyslipidemia, as well as its benefits as an antioxidant. However, the most popular and well known benefit of arjuna is its effect on ischemic cardiomyopathy, which is a lack of blood supply to the heart muscle.
- The anti-ischemic effect of arjuna bark powder was evaluated in 30 patients of stable angina/post-infarct angina taking 500mg per day. Average angina frequency decreased significantly, along with a significant decrease in systolic blood pressure (SBP), ECG improvements, and reduction in plasma cortisol and serum cholesterol levels.
- In another study, there was a 50% reduction in angina episodes with a significant delay in the time to the onset of angina.
- A double-blind study of arjuna 200mg administered three times daily in patients with decompensated rheumatic heart disease revealed a significant improvement in LVEF and exercise duration as well as a reduction in heart size.
Natokinase is an ingredient present in our formula with an abundance of beneficial effects in addition to it functioning as a fibrinolytic. This Japanese blood-clot dissolving protein is not related to other kinases that possess serious side effects, such as bleeding; natokinase has a proven safety profile. This unique compound has the ability to prevent plaque formation in arteries, decrease blood pressure, protect nerve cells, and acts as an anticoagulant.
- In a study, four hours after a single dose of natokinase 100mg (2000 FU) was given, blood clot byproduct levels were significantly increased, proving its efficacy to prevent thrombosis.
- A 26 week study revealed Natokinase daily resulted in a more significant reduction of CCA intima-media thickness and carotid plaque size than Simvastatin 20mg.
- A 2 month study of NK at 200mg a day was administered to 3 groups: healthy volunteers, patients with CV risk factors, and patients undergoing dialysis. A significant decrease in clotting factors 7 and 8 and fibrinogen was observed in all of the groups.
Dandelion root extract is a common diuretic that increases urine output to help return the body to a state of “dry weight” also known as euvolemia. This mechanism is particularly useful for those with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and high blood pressure. One advantage dandelion root extract has over most diuretics is its ability to not affect potassium levels in the blood; instead, it can actually increase potassium levels. Dandelion’s diuretic activity has been compared in efficacy to the popular medication Furosemide in one study.
Grape seed extract is derived from the seeds of wine grapes, and provides various forms of cardiovascular protection, improves insulin sensitivity, increases blood flow, and offers neuroprotection. This compound, which is rich in polyphenols, also possesses various antioxidants to combat free radical damage. Without antioxidants, reactive oxygen species (ROS) place a lot of stress on the heart that can eventually lead to complications such as hypertension.
- A 12 week study was performed with 36 participants who received either 300mg per day of grape seed extract or a placebo. Grape seed extract significantly reduced systolic BP by 5.6% and diastolic BP by 4.7%. Four weeks after the discontinuation of the grape seed extract the participants’ blood pressure returned to baseline. Subjects with higher initial BP experienced greater BP reduction. It was also seen that fasting insulin and insulin sensitivity tended to improve after 6 weeks of grape seed extract supplementation.
- In a meta-analysis including 16 studies, it was concluded that grape seed extract’s affect on blood pressure was more prominent and beneficial in younger or obese individuals as well as those with metabolic disorders.
While vitamin K is well-known for its role in blood-clotting, it possesses more therapeutic benefits than what it is typically known for. Vitamin K2, which is primarily found in some animal products, fermented food, and bacteria, is associated with the inhibition of arterial calcification and stiffening. An adequate intake of vitamin K2 has been shown to lower the risk of vascular damage by activating matrix GLA protein (MGP), which inhibits the deposits of calcium on the vascular walls. Vitamin K deficiency greatly impairs the process of calcium removal and increases the risk of calcification of the blood vessels. With the use of vitamin K2, calcium becomes available for other roles in the body, leaving the arteries healthy and flexible while also promoting strong bones.
- In a 3 year study of 244 postmenopausal women who took 180mcg daily of vitamin K2 (as MK-7), a significant improvement in cardiovascular health measured by ultrasound and pulse-wave velocity was observed. The researchers found that 180mcg daily was enough to improve bone mineral density, bone strength, and cardiovascular health.
Vitamin D is the only vitamin that your body can naturally produce on its own. Nicknamed the “sunshine vitamin”, it is well known for maintaining bone strength, calcium homeostasis, musculoskeletal function, and also boosting the immune system. Approximately 80% of naturally occurring vitamin D is synthesized in the skin, with the remaining ~20% coming from dietary intake. From a global perspective, more than 1 billion people worldwide are deficient in vitamin D. Numerous studies have been able to link an inverse relationship between vitamin D levels and blood pressure. Being a natural product, vitamin D supplementation is extremely advantageous over antihypertensive medications when treating elevated blood pressure when the underlying cause is due to a vitamin D deficiency.
BioPerine is extracted from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum) and is standardized to a minimum 95% Piperine (the compound that gives pepper its “hot” taste). BioPerine has the capability to increase the absorption of various nutrients, such as curcumin (2000%), CoQ10 (30%), and Vitamin B6 (250%). It is proposed that BioPerine functions as a CYP3A4 inhibitor and P-glycoprotein inhibitor to increase bioavailability. The inhibition of these enzymes and reflux pumps allows the vitamins and nutrients consumed to remain in the body longer and at higher doses. A thermonutrient, like BioPerine, also enhances absorption due to thermogenesis (a key factor in weight management).
What is Cardio Rx?
Answer: Cardio Rx is a pharmacist formulated, comprehensive product to maximize your heart’s efficiency. This supplement will help maintain healthy blood pressure levels, circulatory health, and an overall healthy cardiovascular system.
What makes Cardio Rx more unique than other products?
Answer: Every ingredient in Cardio Rx has scientific research behind it, with a clinically-studied dose for each individual ingredient. Rather than having to buy separate supplements for blood pressure, Cardio Rx takes all factors into consideration to give you a unique and well-rounded heart support product.
How do I know if Cardio Rx is right for me?
Answer: Cardio Rx is designed for both men and women over the age of 18 years old. This product is intended for anyone that is looking to maximize their heart’s health and efficiency.
How do I take Cardio Rx?
Answer: Cardio Rx contains a serving size of four capsules. The four capsules can be taken all at once, or two capsules in the morning plus two capsules in the evening.