Healthy Chicken Sesame (250-300 Cal)
Healthy Meals Under 300 Calories
Tired of samo samo.... add this tasty chicken recipe to your mix!
In under 20 minutes you can have this one pan, easy clean up, healthy meal. I am always on the go and I am not the type to sit a full day aside for meal prep. This recipe can make 4 servings your you can double it. I normally don't cook for more than two days worth of food and this is 1 lunch for me and a 3 lunches for the spouse. :) But make do with it however it fits your life, goals, and lifestyle.
This sesame chicken is one of those meals that you can whip up in just about 20 minutes, in on pan, easy clean up. The chicken is cut into small bite size pieces so it cooks super fast and the yummy sesame sauce comes together in under a minute.
All that’s left to do is to coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch and stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Add the sesame soy, simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce is thick and sticky and that’s it! Serve on white rice or noodles and enjoy this lightened up healthy version of sesame chicken any day of the week.
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch each salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame
- Cooked white rice for serving
- Small bunch spring onions scallions, chopped
- For the sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha add more for more heat
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, sriracha, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over high heat for at least 2 minutes. Add oil and chicken to pan. Stir-fry chicken for 5-6 minutes or until it's golden brown. Add the sauce and allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is thick and sticky.
Remove chicken from pan, sprinkle with chopped spring onions and more sesame seeds if desired. Serve with hot white rice or noodles
Recipe Makes 4 Servings